Accessibility and Maternity Care Series
Part B: Developing and using accessible pregnancy and birthing resources when parents have a disability
information and ensuring informed consent.
Learners undertaking this course will gain:
- An understanding of how service accessibility and health literacy impacts on outcomes for parents with disabilities.
- An opportunity to reflect on their own practice in regard to enabling accessibility for these parents within maternity care.
- An understanding of the principles that underpin services and information accessibility for parents with disabilities.
- An understanding of the process of communicating information to parents who have altered communication skills.
- A range of skills required to make information accessible and communicate appropriately to women and their support people.
This course is designed for providers who are currently working with parents with disabilities, or those who are planning to support them, such as health providers, disability support workers and advocates.
4 CPD Point (ACM)
Register interest below